A dear friend sent me an email celebrating Beautiful Women's Month. Here's the letter. Enjoy:
Five tips for a woman....
1. It is important that a man helps you around the house and has a job.
2. It is important that a man makes you laugh.
3. It is important to find a man you can count on! and doesn't lie to you.
4. It is important that a man loves you and spoils you.
5. It is important that these four men don't know each other.
(In between deadlines. In between flights. In between time and space. In between dreams and nightmares)
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Monday, March 3, 2008
Oh My Gulay!
La Trinidad, BENGUET - They wake up earlier than the roosters do. They're busy trying to make a living from selling their harvest. They're the vegetable farmers and traders of northern Philippines.
I met them at the La Trinidad Public Market where fresh vegetables from the northern provinces are sold.
In this huge basin of leafy greens, everyone is busy selling and transporting sacks and sacks of vegetables. Men, women and children are constantly on the move. They sweat it out if only to survive the tough competition brought about by the flood of cheap imports from Taiwan and elsewhere.
I was privileged to catch a glimpse of their lives on my stopover here during my weekend road trip.
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)