Friday, May 22, 2009
MOJO, the multimedia journalist
I was happy to be part of the the Multimedia Journalism Workshop at the Ateneo last week. I saw a lot of my classmates, still juggling their time between classes and work.
Though I wasn't able to finish the workshop because of a deadline, I still picked up some interesting points. (Ofcourse, all of these are subject to debates, with purists on one side who still refuse to embrace the advancement of technology).
Dr. Stephen Quinn, a multimedia journalist and author of several journalism books said:
- Every journalist should be a MOJO
- You already own the mobile phone, maximize it
- Be prepared with a reliable internet connection
- Make sure to ask permission in filming or documenting subjects
- Newspaper reporters have to develop digital skills